For example, to support better matching with peers, to allow push notification of relevant clinical trials, or to be used in de-identified, aggregate data analysis for clinical, policy and other research purposes.
We will never disclose your personally identifiable information without your consent (this would normally only be done if you use Zamplo as part of a research project). We will also not sell your data for marketing purposes.
It is always a User’s choice whether or not to provide Personal Information. However, if a User chooses not to provide requested Personal Information, that User will not be able to use certain features of the Services. We set out in detail below the information that we collect about Users and Users’ use of our Services. HAnalytics does not collect on its own behalf things like protected health information, financial information, social security or other government-issued identification numbers, and other sensitive personal information.
3. The Information We Collect About Users
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about Users which we have grouped together as follows:
- Identity Data includes first name, last name, or similar identifier.
- Contact Data includes email address and telephone numbers.
- Health Data includes information relating to the care, diagnosis, and treatment of your health.
- Profile Data includes Users’ profile data saved through the Services.
- Location data includes data about your geographic location while you use the App or Services.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, operating system and platform, device identifiers and pseudonymous unique identifiers.
- Usage Data includes data about how Users use our Services, such as browsing actions within the portal, the button and controls Users click on, pages of our Websites that Users visit, the time spent on those pages, User’s search queries, the dates and times of User’s visits, and workplace usage.
We also collect, use and share Non-personalized data called “Service Data” such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Service Data may be derived from User’s Personal Information but is not considered personal information in law as this information does not directly or indirectly reveal User’s identity. For example, we may aggregate User’s Usage Data to calculate the percentage of Users accessing a specific Website feature. Other than health information (which may include ethnicity), we do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about Users (this includes details about User’s religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about User’s health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
4. How Is User’s Personal Information Collected
We use different methods to collect data from and about Users including through:
- Direct interactions. Users may give us User’s Identity, Contact, Health and Profile Data by registering for or using the Services and completing fields within the Services
- Automated technologies or interactions. As Users interact with our Services, we may automatically collect Technical and Usage Data about User’s equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies.
- Third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive Personal Information about Users from various third parties and public sources as set out below:
- Technical Data from the third parties such as the following:
a) analytics providers such as Google Analytics;
b) search information providers such as Google.
5. Purposes for Which We Will Use User’s Personal Information
We have set out below, in a table format, a description of all the ways we plan to use Users’ Personal Information.
|Purpose/Activity||Type of Data|
|To deliver the Services to Users (including by recognizing Users across the devices they use, and providing, maintaining, tailoring and improving Website and Services)||
|To register Users accounts on the Services||
|To administer and protect our business and Services (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data)||
|To use data analytics to improve our Services, customer relationships and experiences and to personalize our Services||
|To make suggestions and recommendations to Users about Services that may be of interest to Users and to provide Users with information, products or services they request||
To improve our Services including:
a) tracking email open rates and, web page visits
b) To inform HAnalytics as to what content is effective
c) To provide follower updates
d) To personalize HAnalytics Services
- To third parties where you ask us to do so through the Services, or by allowing such third parties to access your account;
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates where they are providing Services.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business solely for the purpose of them providing services to us.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of HAnalytics assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by HAnalytics about our Website, App, and/or Users are among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which Users provide it.
- For any other purpose expressly disclosed by us when Users provide the information.
We may also disclose User’s Personal Information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply our Terms of Service and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of HAnalytics, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
|Identity, Health, Contact, and Profile data||Subscription term||To provide the Services to you during the subscription term|
10. Managing the Online Collection of Additional Data
As Users navigate through and interact with our Website, App and Services, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about User’s equipment, browsing actions and patterns, location, and workplace usage patterns, including:
- Details of User’s visits to our Website or App and other communication data and the resources that Users access and use on the Website, App or account.
- Information about User’s computer and Internet connection, including User’s IP address, operating system, and browser type.
- We also may use these technologies to collect information about User’s online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking).
- When Users access and use the Website, App or Services, we may automatically collect certain details of User’s access to and use of the Website, App or Services, including traffic data, location data, and other communication data and the resources that Users access and use on or through the Website, App or Services.
- We may collect information about User’s mobile device and Internet connection, including the device’s unique device identifier, IP address, operating system, browser type, mobile network information and the device’s telephone number.
- Our Website and App collects real-time information about the location of User’s device.